Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tuesday 092711

I had hoped to get out for lunch yesterday, but I heard those infamous words all runners hate in an all day meeting:  “let’s take a half an hour for lunch.”  I have not the discipline to pull of a 3 minute change, a 3 mile 24 minute run, and a 3 minute change back.  So I thought I’d get it done in the evening but I was unwilling to pull that off after getting back from a BOSTAC meeting pretty late (9:30).

So, up and at it this AM.  Unable to meet with Mr. Bob this week, but did something in the spirit of his intentions:  6 minutes with the last minute a push over the prior five.  Four of these, with 2 minutes of rest between and 8 miles total.

Slipped over 2700 miles today.

PM – 5 miles.  Down to JZ’s soccer practice and back.  I realized my runs today were either before sunrise or after sunset.

Another all day session at work at the local hotel.  Post the meeting, folks retired to the bar where they had Odell’s IPA on tap.  Which is essentially like liquid heroin to me. 

Which is why I completely abstained from it. 

2 comments:

  1. Impressive discipline on the IPA.

    And everything else for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meh. Hardly disciplined. I have some habits, but I am hardly disciplined.

    ReplyDelete