Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday 111811

image

Today’s listening.

Mid day, after getting out for a few easy miles with TZ, I headed out. 

Admittedly, I have been in a bit of a hole since doing the hard strides earlier this week – and felt it on Wednesday (hill repeats on the mill) and even yesterday’s easy run.  It came to roost in today’s run, and while I probably should have run easy – as that what the body said, the mind said “go, go, go.”  So I tried to go and it was probably not as fast it could have been had I been better rested, but …, eh, I sort of didn’t care.  I could have run easy and really slowly or harder and just slow. 

Treated it as the classic out and back, where I go out decent and then try to crank it up a bit on the back.  Just trying to work the average pace of all my regular runs to be a bit quicker.  10 miles, tempo.

JZ has been jammin’ to this.

4 comments:

  1. dude. you're no joke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the quote at the top. While in injury hell for a year, all I could think of was this was NOT how my running career was going to end. I may not ever be as fast as I once was (relatively speaking, of course) but my story's not done. I think I'm going to steal the image and plaster it to my laptop. Thanks! :)

    Nice, strong tempo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jill - I stole that off of Facebook and I am sure it was stolen elsewhere ... but a good message, and not just for running.

    ReplyDelete