Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sunday 111812

AM – headed over to MHS to meet the JK1, 2, Lucho and Gary D for some turnover work and other strength stuff.  Probably not the bestest idea a few days before a 5k race given I have not been doing this sort of work, but certainly something I need to do more of.   The running part was 100-150-200 sets (3) that were supposed to build but there really is no difference between any of those gears for me.  I saw 16-17 on the 100s (ack), 24, 25 on the 150s and 34, 35 on the 200s (there you go … too bad I used to hold that for a mile!).  Will just keep carving away … need to keep working on that faster step so that I can keep ahead of this for as long as possible.

IMG_0230

Little doubt that today’s work will leave me a bit sore/fatigued over the next couple of days!  6 miles.  81 on the week.  Solid week I think with the Friday half intervals, a good long run on Saturday, the turn over stuff on Sunday, and an okay tempo of 4 miles on Tuesday.  More running than usual with OTHER people … which is why I think it was better on several fronts.

How millennial are you?

PM  - 3 miles with the dogs.

9 comments:

  1. I am apparently not millennial. Guess I need to start watching TV and join facebook so I can get with my generation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pretty sure I could have told you that without taking the survey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have NO idea what you are talking about ;).

    Good to see you this past week, certainly fun to have good company.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeff - we got to get you out for a mile at one of the summer BRR meets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything was aces till the last 200 when I got a twinge in my quad. Ain't getting old grand?

    ReplyDelete
  6. GCDavid - I was wondering - you were pulling away from me on all of 'em and then just came back on that last one. I think I could almost see when you backed it off.

    BTW - what do you teach? I have a sense it is something in healthcare?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how I love getting old and slow.
    You'll get there! Love this new you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I ain't getting slower Jill. The watch is just running faster.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Last 100 yds it starting to twinge so I "shut it down". Not that shutting it down is that much different from full speed. I just like to say I shut it down.

    Teach sociology but do research in EHR systems and medical records. Guilty as charged!

    ReplyDelete