Sage C shared this video on twitter (below).
A little comparison … So he is reaching the first bridge in 4:35, when I get there more than a minute after that. 13:35 to the Ranger Cottage and I get there 3 minutes something later. He gets to the Greenman split in 16:40 and I get there in about 21. At that point, he is already to the Saddle Rock junction (21:30 for him) and I get there … 27 minutesish.
It was good to see a little power hiking in there before the stairs.
34:15. I have yet to break 40 on this route.
And damn it he did it with snow on the trail. That is the difference between an OT qualifier and a middle aged old man.
I measure it at closer to 5k (3.1 miles) but no matter. FKT on this route by a good amount. (like a over a minute)
Wow on the video and FKT.
ReplyDeleteSo, apparently to go fast you have to run hard? I had no idea.
The video makes me throw up. Not from the motion, but from the idea of actually 'running' that route fast. Jesus. Pushing myself to the verge of vomit on Green many times and still have yet to break even a stinky 50min, on any route. Absolutely impressive.
ReplyDeleteYou are sub 50 shape Rob for the front.
ReplyDelete