Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Wednesday 053012 Green Mountain Middle Route Time Trial

How can I describe that I felt both good and bad?  My legs felt fresh, but on whole I felt a little tired?  Not sure.  There was no residual fatigue in my legs but there was no pop either.  In any case, I was pining for some Green action, but knowing how I felt a bit off, I figured a faster time was not in the cards for me.  As a result, I went in with the mindset to work but not worry.  Short warm up over to Gregory via Chaut, stinky restroom visit and then …

Bridge:  6:04
Ranger Cottage:  17:41 (11:36)
Turn to Greenman 21:37 (3:56)
Turn towards Green 27:36 (5:59)
Log marker on steps 38:27 (10:51)
Summit 43:36 (5:08)

So even though I felt like crap, I ran faster than I did a couple of weeks ago when I did this:

Bridge:  5:46
Ranger Cottage:  17:00 (11:14)
Turn to Greenman 20:57 (3:57)
Turn towards Green 27:03(6:06)
Log marker on steps 38:37 (11:24)
Summit 44:01 (5:34)

Now, that can mean I have been going out a bit too fast, or the heat of that day caught of to me a couple of weeks ago (it was very nice this AM – perfect conditions).  Interesting nonetheless how I was down 18 seconds at the bridge, and even 33 seconds at the turn to Green from Amp, but I made that up in the last sections by going around 30 seconds faster on each of those sections.  It certainly did not feel that way!

Pleased in any case that I was able to post this … and took off about 25 seconds on my best this year and am now within 20 seconds of PRing on this course.  Sub 43 is coming in June.

Saw Aaron K on top, and met Mark O.  Talked a bit, jogged down to the old four way with them.  They went down Ranger and I hit the new down trail for Bear Green, enjoying the Hokas.    I took splits, but I am not sure they mean much.  It took me 48 minutes to get down from the summit.

10 on the day, 2600 plus of climbing, 98 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment