A craptastic workout. I knew I was still compromised from not taking care of myself over the last couple of days. It is totally as Magill has said – you can’t make mistakes as a Master. As a kid, you can, and they cause a little ripple, but that is washed over with the wave of youth. That wave goes away as you get older and the ripple instead cause all sorts of down stream effects. I am still jacked – at least not hydrated well even though I have been on it. I can feel that funny cramp in the back of my knee that I get when I am fairly cooked.
But no matter – I felt a need to punish myself nonetheless. The workout itself was horrible, but I was working. 12 miles, 7:15 pace. Warmed up for 2 miles (7:15 pace) and then did 4 x mile on with a half mile rest. These were pitiful. My breathing was fine but my legs were toast. 6:31, 6:32, 6:29 and 6:50 (okay the last one was up a hill too but still bad). Then to further my punishment I did 15 by a minute on, off – but the overall pace was probably no faster than what I was doing the miles in.
Good sweat, not effective on whole though. I need a day off and with the travel to Cork tomorrow it looks as if I will get one.
No comments:
Post a Comment