Friday, May 18, 2012

Friday 051812

Zegama:   Interested to see what King does here.  It is “short” enough (it is a marathon, but that is short by the standards of some) that it suits him and he is coming in fresh (compared to guys like Jones).  Also interested in what the fine ambassador from Fort Collins Sir Nick does in this trip. 

Looks like there is a good amount of up and down in this and I find that interesting.  I find that after bombing a strong down, turning around and heading back up is quite a different challenge.  Even the little “uphills” on Pikes down remind me of that. 

All that said, I am waiting for the new ultra runner movement given the photos I have seen from the Canaries … cigars!

3 comments:

  1. A great field however I see it as a three man race between Jornet, King and Heras. It will be a hard race for Jornet though, with only 6 days running and having put in a huge effort last weekend. I pick Heras for the win and Jornet/King coming in 2nd or 3rd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have trademarked the cigar thing!

    ReplyDelete