More meh. AM – 7 miles, 7:40 pace.
Evening – 5 miles, 7:50 pace.
70 miles on the week, 10 and a quarter hours, 8300 plus feet of climbing (two Greens and trip to Lucho’s being the primary contributors). In some ways a good week: I got out steady, got some vertical and the runs in the flats, while not fast, were never dawdling … they just went sub 8 without any effort. Even tonight’s run which started super slow (8:30) ended up being a sub 8 effort. Bad news though is that the Achilles is still irked, with some days being better than others. TZ’s dad got me a bit wigged that the scar tissue is infected and that the Achilles is now carrying some infection. My left hip was irked a bit today too so that got me thinking (paranoid) that the infection had some how crawled up there.
Starting with Friday, my diet was totally all over the place – and I had a few too many beers for Friday night. I mean, not really if I was just not caring, but I could feel it the rest of the weekend in my running. And then my diet ends up swinging in response to that as I try to bury and fix it. No surprise, weight is up (149). TZ’s mom got me then wigged that I was dealing with a gallbladder issue. Jeez.
And I have totally scrapped any gym work. I understand why. I can run, and it is nice out to run and I like to run – so given the choice – it is a no brainer.
No comments:
Post a Comment