Bunch of shots from the Kohl 5k yesterday (I volunteered, did not race). Some zippy dudes going mid 15s there. Pix from John B. Good guy.
I tend to enjoy the stuff Ed Ayers writes. But it might be because he sounds a bit grumpy.
These guys are training.
This photo from Chris is awesome.
Some other shots from the weekend.
Okay, so I have griped about people saying certain things in the past. Things like “matour” (instead of mature) or when being asked “you have anything to add Bob?” and they say “no” only to follow with a 5 minute monologue. I will add to the list “evolve.”
I hear all the time in business folks say things like “we need to evolve to meet the needs of the market” or “we will evolve our process” or “we have been through an evolution …” Okay – this is completely an incorrect use of the word evolution. When folks use the word that way, they are attempting to make it sound as if evolution is specifically done by design or via some choice. It is not. Ask the dinosaurs. They ran into a “evolutionary” hurdle called a meteor at the K-T mass extinction.
I guess of course if you are saying, “crap, we’ll just see what happens and hope we have good genes and good luck” then you are fine with using the term.
No comments:
Post a Comment