Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Wednesday 050212

 AM, 6 miles on Ditch and Lake Link route, 43 minutes.  Went into this thinking I need to not be doing my typical screwing around of 8 or 9 minute pace in the AM.  And that went well.  And after a few minutes, I actually stopped thinking about my Achilles and was just rolling. 

The Monday run and this AM were fun.  Playful even.  A nice reminder of why I love this stuff.  I really didn’t need a reminder, but it dawned on me again the draw.  I was completely falling into thinking about my next run, not getting to the gym, etc.  This is fun, but I need to be sure I continue to address the other weaknesses I have.

PM – 6 miles.  46 minutes, and pretty easy.  A bit sore in the quads, but that is rather enjoyable.  I felt pretty good.  A week ago I was thinking of scraping the season.  Today, I could actually imagine getting in burro racing, Pikes and a good pacing effort with Footfeathers at HR.  Work to be done before that happens, but I can see it again.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment