Afternoon – Green, the so called "Middle Route” on Green, 7 miles. Last did this on April 12, when I wrote: After an easy warm up over the meadow, I got started out of the Gregory lot. Hit the bridge in 6:10, the mile in 14:27. Forgot to look at a split at the Ranger Cottage or the turn to Greenman, but two miles was at 25:24 (12:42). I really struggled from the rock slides on, and lost a good amount of time there. 3 miles was 40:08 (13:23) and the last put up at the 3.25 in 45:03. Splits today were
Bridge: 6:03
Ranger Cottage: 17:58 (11:55)
Turn to Greenman 22:11 (4:12)
Turn towards Green 28:36 (6:25)
Log marker on steps 40:28 (11:51)
Summit 45:55 (5:25)
So slower this time, but it felt good. Achilles barked a bit on the up. Just not a lot of pop today but it was a good effort. AHR was 170, with a max of 178. I was probably slower because I did walk some of the steeper stuff, mostly not to over aggravate the heel.
Coming down the traditional route (Ranger)
2:30 to four way crossing
10:10 (7:40) to Greenman
12:05 to cottage (1:55)
27:41 to Chauta (forgot upper lot) (8:33)
No heel pain on the way down, but I am working a fair blister on the arch of my left foot. 82 minutes on the day with the warm up stuff, cool down. Sub 45 on this for sure next time. Mail that in. This was my 10th Greenie of the year. Same as what I had last year at this time. Last year there were two sessions of two laps and a session of 3 laps – so that 10 came over six outings. This year those ten have come over 9 outings (did 2 laps that one time with Homie when he did 10). Not sure if one is better than the other really.
Got some feed back that someone enjoyed reading the blog because they liked seeing how I was reinventing myself. I think that is part of why I am taking a hiatus from it. I don’t want to be reinventing myself. I realize however that I don’t want to be known as a runner. It is an aspect of who I am, but it is not what I want to be known or remembered as. I want to be remembered as a passionate hard working person, that laughed with people. I want to be remembered as a great father and husband. A runner is only part of that.
I have had the privilege of knowing some guys who were incredible runners. Actual Olympians. The ones that defined themselves only as runners, seemed … tortured? Unable to determine with what they would do with their lives, particularly when age took that running away from them. Those who were something else more than runners, were interesting, amazing people. And ones I wanted to spend more time with.
Evening. 3 miles. Marked the Kohl 5k course.
No comments:
Post a Comment