Monday, May 7, 2012

Monday 050712 Green Mountain Middle Route Time Trial

”Middle Route” on Green, 7 miles.  Last did this on Friday.  
Bridge:  6:11
Ranger Cottage:  17:19 (11:08)
Turn to Greenman 21:16 (3:57)
Turn towards Green 27:30 (6:14)
Log marker on steps 39:01 (11:31)
Summit 44:52 (5:50)

Snow really slowed me on the upper stretches.  The Hokas were pretty good actually.  Not crazy grippy, but better than a regular road shoe.  Coming down the traditional route (Ranger)
2:43 to four way crossing (pretty slow because of the upper snow and I was being careful not to roll my ankles)
13:07 to cottage (10:23)
19:44 to lower bridge (6:37)
23:34 to Gregory lot (3:50)
27:14 (3:39)

So even though I started slower and hit the cottage on the way down much slower than Friday (around a minute), I was enjoying the Hokas enough on the way down (really – I was really enjoying them, doing shit that I have done in a long time as confidence built), I got to the Chaut lot almost half a minute faster.  Looking forward to getting back at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment