AM – whew – tough to wake up given the time shift, and I have become less inclined to get up and get after it. The unexpected snow here and thus colder temps in the Carolinas did little to motivate me to get out. But I got out for a bit. 5.3 miles.
Evening – dark, cold, slushy, wet and narrow roads. Meh. I really enjoyed the location of the old office that we had down here rather than this one – simply because of its access to the ATT (American Tobacco Trail). 5.1 miles.
Just a couple of inches snow here but there was a fair amount of panic as folks are not used to it. Or they say they ain’t.
Welcome to the Carolinas! We pretty much do shut down here with an inch or two of snow, though we more often get ice. :-/ We just don't have the means to handle it, and we have a ton of backroads that never get treated!
ReplyDeleteThe biggest difference I see with so many of the roads in the east versus the west or maybe older neighborhoods versus the newer ones is the availability of side walks.
DeleteThis place ain't bad actually ... it just was that I was fighting the dark a bit last night in finding a place that was not slushed over.
Pretty funny staying healthy by running on a trail with "tobacco" in the name.
ReplyDeleteI am jealous of all the sadistic uphill races you get to do so I entered the lottery for the Mt Washington Road Race.
That is a great race and one I would like to do again. The one time I did it though it kicked me in the teeth. Hope you get in.
DeleteThanks GZ. There is some trepidation but it gives me a needed goal and I hope to get in.
DeleteIt will undoubtedly kick me in the teeth as well as various other places.