The world of anti PED enforcement is interesting. Folks are for it of course, but then there seems to be a backlash when folks like Kristi get busted at Pikes (why is USADA wasting resources on that?) and there is general discontent with “whereabouts” considerations (as penned by Greenwood this week).
And meanwhile we continue to make race decisions based on uniform design in the HS ranks.
And a 55 year old runs a 4:34. And a 10 yo ran a 91 minute half. I think everyone has seen the vid of a 95 year old running a 55 200 meter.
Interview with Anita Ortiz.
I find it funny that I cannot get a Murphy’s on tap in Dublin (it is a Guinness town) but I can one at a secret spot four miles from my house (and an Old Speckled Hen as well). Murphy’s and Beamish are far superior stouts to Guinness.
Afternoon – Got in a half dozen, and then another seven and change with Adam B and then rounded out to 15 miles. I was a bit tired, probably more from the week of work than any recent running effort.
Listened to the Lee Troop interview from Jay Johnson.
I occasionally think I can run. Like I am pretty good at it. Then I see something like XC Nationals and remember what I really am. In a similar fashion … I sometimes think I can sing. Then I see and hear this and realize I can’t really.
Where can you get an Old Speckled Hen on tap!!! I thought it was bottle aged.
ReplyDeleteI am ashamed to admit that this place was so close to my house that I missed it for several years. It is a beaut. But it only appears on Durin's Day when the thrush eats an organic gel.
DeleteGetting caught up on old blogs. Totally agree on Murphy's and Beamish being superior to Guinness. Practically impossible to find them in Canada anymore though. We do have some great Ontario Stouts by Mill Street though if you're ever up this way.
ReplyDeleteAs my Irish friends from Cork say ... they ship the Guinness to the US because then they get to keep all the Beamish and Murphy's.
Delete