Sunday, October 11, 2015

Middle of October: XC, Choirs and Sand Dunes

Pat Amato meet on Friday.

Got in like a dozen while yelling for the kids in various races.  JZ was sick and missed PRing by a handful of seconds.  I told him he probably ought to not run and he said, “yeah, I am gonna race.” 

That night, KZ had her Top 40 and Tapas concert.  It was awesome to get to see the Ukaladies.
IMG_9284IMG_9293

KZ got me as she walked off stage – making the motion towards her eyes to indicate crying.  She was making fun of me as I was clearly tearing up.  I am pretty sure I could listen to this for the rest of my life and never be sad.

EP has a nice podcast with Lucho and Beth.  It seems like yesterday but that is sort of going back to the blogging roots.

Headed off to the Sand Dunes for the weekend with the Scouts.















These next set of shots come from Johnny B. 
Click to View Full-Screen Image



So, yeah, I got some running in the Dunes.  But man, that is different.  Push forward and the sand just gives way so you end up going nowhere.   Week ends with 66 something miles, October is just over a 100, and the year is at 2864. 

5 comments:

  1. My kids used to give me grief about crying at their performances. Now (ages 17 and 20) I think they like it. Both intend to be professionals (ballet and opera--not NBA and rock-n-roll, darnit) so I'm in for more tears...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am becoming more of a sap on these things Ned. The tear glands are certainly working well (even if other parts of me are starting to shut down).

      Delete
  2. http://davidmadison.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Pat-Porter/G0000iYWfRON.ufo/I0000HYZYM20A4z0/C0000QaEqLT0.6zE

    he sure made it look easy out there...

    kids and family -- AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a pic very similar to that in my gym locker in HS. Porter was a complete bad ass. I was certainly thinking of him while I was struggling on those dunes. That is tough running Josh.

      Delete
  3. Love The Dunes, finally got out there after ten years in CO. They're one step up, two steps down, since you slide in the sand. So many different textures and types of sand too; sometimes firm and walkable, sometimes soft and slippery. But I like that.

    I'm surprised there was water in Medano Creek this time of year. When I was there in the spring, it was like an ocean beach: kids making sand castles, adults hanging out along the shore in chairs.

    ReplyDelete