Gary D from ET engaged in a discussion on if PEDs ought to be allowed in endurance sport. Couple of quick thoughts: the line between amateur and pro is pretty blurry in a lot of sports, and particularly so in distance running events. While I generally have a thought that I don’t care if adults hurt themselves in their athletic endeavors (they signed up for it), I can’t use that as an argument to endorse PEDs because of the youth consequences and because then it means the only way you could compete (without changing the org structures) is to take PEDs. And I am not sure if I agree with Gary that every master is doping.
I listen to the Adam and Drew show regularly, but this episode, particularly the stuff on how we need to drop the concept of our own niche communities and embrace a broader community of humanity, really rings loud for me.
A typical 10 mile run (h/t to Shad) …
AM – a couple with TZ and then another five on my own (7.1).
Sometimes the emails that come through in corporate America are too good not to share …
Afternoon – 4.5 miles easy with the coaches and then a few strides.
I also consider getting to .3 miles and feeling good a success.
ReplyDeleteI try to never judge how a run is gonna go off the first two miles. Either way ...
Delete8 miles this morning in Flagstaff, AZ. Pretty good way to start the day.
DeleteNice Bob!
Delete