Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Wednesday 17MAY2017

Last day in Alexandria before I head back to another winter storm pending in CO.  I got out a bit earlier and was able to get in 10 over the Woodrow Wilson bridge and back. 
Image may contain: tree, sky, road, outdoor and nature
Image may contain: sky, tree, bridge, outdoor and nature
Image may contain: sky, outdoor and water

Ever since a less than wonderful experience trying to go over the Mississippi in Dubuque on a bridge there, I have been a bit more aware of my lack of love for them.  And not surprisingly, in knowing that it causes me to think about it which makes such bridges less enjoyable for me.  I have found that I can quell this vibration however with some thought.  Additionally bridges over water tend to have higher walls for peds on the sides.  Bridges over other traffic tend not too and also seem to have more narrow sidewalks.  As the WW bridge actually is wide enough that there are sections with trees planted on it, it was not a problem for me.

I do think I am enjoying the sea level aspect of this run this go around.  My easy runs have suddenly clicked to under 7:30 pace (v. say 7:45 to 8) this week.  It might also be that things are relatively flat here.

No automatic alt text available.

2 comments: