Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Wednesday 31MAY2017

AM – 7.2 with a handful with Greg.  More snakes.
Image may contain: plant, outdoor and nature

PM – 5.1 miles along the ditch and then back through the Ridgeview Trail.

May – ends with 315.6 miles, 41.08 hours and 12610 feet.  On the year I am at 1556 miles, 209 hours, and 69000 feet.  Through the year I am averaging 9.75 hours a week, 72.6 miles a week.  And maybe one speed workout every 40 days.

On my run with the GOM group this past week, I was contemplating what value set in our society would shift that I would find to be not acceptable.  The context here is that views on topics like marriage equality have shifted over the years, and in part that goes with a shift in age.  An older demographic that might view such a topic with concern pass on, and a younger demographic is open and accepting to that (speaking in broad generalities).  I wondered what societal topic would be a challenge for me to accept as I grew older. 

I think I found it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment