So this got posted today: https://www.facebook.com/max.king.9828/videos/1236437436501619/
To be clear I am a Max King fan. I have always enjoyed his “any distance, any medium” sort of approach to running. The guy is ridiculously versatile. He made the Olympic Trials in the steeple and the marathon. He won a World Mountain Running Championship. He won some Warrior Dash thing that landed him 50k in cash. I recall seeing him run some obstacle course thing where folks had to jump through a tire and Max went horizontal laying it out to get through it. He took a great shot at Western. He went after it at Leadville last year.
I think I have only raced him once directly. It was a USATF XC affair in NY over a decade ago. Max made the US world XC team. I think I was third to last in that. But even beyond that, Max was the only guy in the field that wore only a shirt, shorts and running shoes and nothing else. Normally that is not a big deal but this day at Van Cortlland it was single digit temps. The entire field was in hats, gloves, long sleeve shirts, and even some had tights. Not Max. Apparently while he was at Cornell he used to actually pin his bib to his chest. LIKE HIS ACTUAL SKIN.
So Max is a bit of a bad ass legend.
Now to be clear – IN 2015 (not 3 weeks ago), a bit high off winning the Triple Crown with Jack, I posted this video.
This is awesome!
ReplyDeleteThat.Is.Awesome!!!
ReplyDeleteAlso, 2012 PPM!: http://www.pikespeakmarathon.org/results/2012ppm_m.htm
ReplyDelete