Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Wednesday 05JUL2017

This cough is wrecking me.  I definitely aggravated the heck out of my lungs by racing with this cold and I am paying the price yesterday after the race and today.   It is bad enough that I am seriously contemplating not racing at the BRR Thursday night.  In addition to this illness probably impacting the race, I am more concerned about how the race would impact the illness.

AM – easy 5.2 miles with the XC team.

Evening – 5 miles.  Super easy.

6 comments:

  1. You know what you should do tonight. Hell, I feel pretty good and I'm skipping it just to be safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I am out. Decided this AM on the jog with the XC team. Greg gave me a kick to set me straight. Really, it as much about how I would probably perform poorly with sickness as how the performance would impact the sickness (or something like that)

      Delete
  2. Hmmmm...you're really sick, so what do you do today? Run 10.2 miles? Maybe a nap, some fluids and a salad is in order, no?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good wife forced me to not get a second run in today ... :)

      I ain't the smartest at this stuff at times. And I often feel the best medicine is to get out, move and have a bunch of water.

      And it's been too long since I have seen you man.

      Delete
  3. It has been a long time... Trying to remember the last time I saw you. Was it at that Southside Fat Ass that started in Superior? If so, that was a looooong time ago. Shout the next time you're in the Lakewood/Denver/Golden area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds about right. I'll put up the signal next time I am down that way. It will be great to connect. Same to you if you make up here.

    ReplyDelete