Sunday, July 2, 2017

Sunday 02JUL2017

10.2 miles, sloppy and snotty … blowing crud out of my head.  Ick.  My head just aches from all the blowing and coughing I am doing to move this schtuff. 

80 point on the week over 10.5 hours.  The travel this week helped the cause as I was able to sneak in a couple of longer doubles.  Ticked over 1900 miles on the year today. Nothing fast but some of those runs in Pitt were pushing the strength a bit.

If I can get my head to stop pounding from this crud, I’ll take a shot at the Superior Downhill Mile on Tuesday AM.  And I am fairly likely to jump in the BRR meet on Thursday night.

I don’t post a lot of thoughts regarding races in the MUT community anymore.  I think it represents the continued mindset that I am more interested in what people that I actually know are doing than someone who I am only connected through in hearing about via the internet.  This is not to say that I don’t have some level of interest on how MUT races go, but I feel a bit less compelled to spout off about it here.  I am not sure if that is maturity or just laziness.  That said, if you were to jog with me, I’d probably offer an opinion on some result (or lack of a result).  You’d probably have to hear me talk about several HS athletes I know first, but I’d get to it …

But a guy I know … and thus someone I can blog about and yip yap about  …Lucho … I have to say I really admire how he has taken to this 400 meter thing.  Or dash.  I guess its a dash and not a run. 

I can’t help but finish a mile race and look at it and think “gee that would have been a bad mile in the midst of a 10k” rather than just seeing it is where I am now.  I am not sure that sets up to be the most appropriate or healthy mindset.  Lucho on the other hand … he seems wonderfully accepting of where he is and just improving on that, even though his 400s would be considered “too slow” splits enroute to a 1000 meters (which is way more different than just 600 meters more) not so long ago.  That sort of “agnostic” nature to older success might seem obvious, but I think it is harder for masters athletes than it sounds.

He has put the chips in on this and is really going for it – and I love that.  I am loving to see the enthusiasm he has for it, his geekery he is pumping for in the event on his blog and his pursuit for improvement in it.  I admire that and I am glad to see the fire stoked in him that way again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment