Afternoon – 11.4 miles. I still sort of felt like a heavy lug but I decided to try to blast through it. I did a workout of sorts on Main Street, working the ups from the Gate n Green connector to the top (about 4/10ths of a mile). Nothing quick but got me breathing hard.
When not listening to Endurance Planet’s latest with Alex Hutchinson (good show) I had some harder stuff blasting in the ears.
I was cooked enough that the cool down was one of those drags.
In the evening we headed over to Colorado School of Mines for one of their HS meets. We headed down with the Mooney family (their daughter Madison is heading to UWisc next year and is an athlete on the HS team). It made for a fun night of some early season indoor racing.

As far as I could tell, JZ got a PR in the 800 (breaking 2:20 for the first time with a 2:19). He got nipped at the line in his heat, but it was fun to seem him take control of the race at 400 (69), and jump on that third “lap” … Doubling back in the 400 20 minutes later with the 800 still in his legs and the indoor facility hack was a challenge but he put up a 62 – which I think is also a slight PR. PRs indoors at this point in the season where he has not been grinding those high speed gears in workouts is great.
Madison also had a great night – winning the 800 (2:17), and the 400 (60.x)
I love me a track meet.
Cool pic of JZ! The Fieldhouse looks completely different than I remember, I spent a ton of hours in that building back in the day! Was there something weird with the setup? I'm curious what you mean by indoor facility hack.
ReplyDelete