Saturday, February 2, 2019

Quick CU meet recap

I spent most of the day that the CU Indoor Practice Facility watching the meet.  There were no less than 5 Eagle alumni (J. Mitchem and Mooney in the mile, K Mitchem in the 3k, Kort in the mile and E. Gonzo in the 3k) participating in races on the day, and it was fun to cheer them on.  I was able to Facebook Live stream the 3k and the mile.

Michael took the men's mile in just over 4:11 and change in his first official race in a Rams singlet.  He broke away from the pack at 800 and pretty much ran solo from there.  In the men's 3k, Klecker from CSU made a strong run at sub 8, but came up with a 8:01.7.  As far as I know, this is the fastest time for a 3k in Colorado ever, and it has to be somewhere on a sub 7:45 at sea level.  Damn.

I'll post pix, etc over the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment