AM - 3.2 miles
PM - out with Greg at sunset. 7.3 miles.
The foot issue is still there but the padding insert set up seems to make it more bearable. I think I'm gonna be okay. :)
My 20 PAD approach this year ain't working out. I just have not been doing it. I think I am reconciling this in that I get a lot of other input via podcasts and audio books. I recognize that ain't quite the same though and I need to get back on "that path."
The path ... I listen to a fair amount of Jocko and he discusses being on "the path." You know what "the path" is, when you are on it, when you are off it, and what you need to do to get on it and stay on it, but we often choose not too ... we give into an emotion, succumb to an unnecessary comfort, fail to keep commitments ... and what is nutty about this is that then perpetuates more of it. And being on "the path" perpetuates more of it.
I recall hearing somewhere "training begets training," meaning that when you train, you are prepared to train more and will do more that in turn sets you up for more. It becomes a positive cycle. It is not different than the negative cycle other than its direction. You chose not to train and then you are pissed so you eat poorly and then don't want to train which ... you are off the path.
It is not just a training thing. It is every thing. Relationships, work, community, diet, exercise, intellectual growth, awareness ... Strive to be on the path.
No comments:
Post a Comment