I had an early call with the east coast so I missed the opportunity to get a workout in with Greg and Syd. I had hoped to get a workout in the afternoon or even the later morning.
But then the furnace went out. I spent the obligatory time via Youtube video trying to figure out why the pressure switch was stuck open (and I really had no knowledge of such thing before this) and trying various things to address that. It got to a level beyond my skill set or willingness to screw with my furnace, so we got an HVAC a guy to come and change a capacitor on the compressor motor. Of course this happened on a day when the temps dropped back into the teens and the snow started flying again - so there was not gonna be any waiting on getting this addressed. Definitely a first world problem, and glad we can get it resolved ... but chewed up the AM.
Meanwhile, the snow came in fast and hard enough over the later morning and the afternoon that all post school activities were cancelled - including practice. Greg came by and we headed out and within a few minutes were were wondering what the hell we were doing. It was slow, slick and we were more likely to hurt ourselves as old men than accomplish anything. I knew there was no way I was going to get in a workout worth anything. We kept it to an easy 5.4 miles.


No comments:
Post a Comment