Holy crap did I feel like a bag of poop today. Not because of yesterday’s run – but rather because of my late night antics curtailing appropriate rest. I got three hours of sleep last night / this AM and I felt it all day – but mostly as a fuzziness in my head. My legs however felt great. So I went and got nine. I knew nine would give me 90, and all arguments aside about not chasing numbers … I was too tired to fight with myself not to get it. So I got it. I started super easy, feeling pretty sorry for myself – telling myself how tired I was. I got bored with my own excuses however and decided to up the pace a touch, and it felt good. I have observed the phenomenon quite a bit lately. For example on group runs, when I get there early, I will head out for some extra credit at 9 or 10 minute pace. During this, I am telling myself how much I feel like crap. I then join the group and I start running 7-7:30s and it feels fine (and the HR is not going crazy).
90 miles on the week, over 11 runs. Decent tempo at the front of the week (Tues), and a fair intro back to steeper stuff on the mill (Thurs). Long run was the longest in quite a while. Debating how much to dance with this distance week in and week out versus periodically going mid long at a slightly faster pace. 720 minutes. February is 90 miles, and year is 449 miles and 3653 minutes.
But for now, I need to get some sleep to get back on track.
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Sunday 020710
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Stop making us look bad.
ReplyDeleteHow ironic, I was chasing 90 miles too. But I decided to bag it the last day of the week and not put in a 55 mile run to get there.
ReplyDelete