Good to bed, sleep, wake up … and they are still running. Sheesh. Sort of neat to look at the results there and see how this course really levels the gender playing field. Last night I caught up on a bunch of the vids that Bryon posted. Good stuff. With Nick Clark taking two thirds on two of the biggest name 100s out there within a couple of weeks, I will refer to him going forward as the Bronze Brit, or Bronzy for short.
Good interview with Tera Moody over here. She hits on a lot of good topics in this podcast: her time at CU, her sleep disorder, weight as a runner …
From the book of things I probably ought to not talk about … last night at the grocery, there was a woman with a tattoo on her leg. It was a large print of the upper half of a naked woman on her outer thigh. I ain’t against tattoos. In fact, I have seen some that I think are pretty cool I know a guy who has a tattoo of a wedding band – that seems pretty cool, but that might be overshadowed-outcooled by the handprints he has of his kids on his inner arms. I think I recall seeing Olympic rings on the back of Ritz’s calf as he blew by me on a run and that seems pretty neat.
But I start to scrunch up the forehead at those tats that are the more of the genre “hey society, get this and suck it.” Like the lips on neck. Or the tribal art on the face. Or a naked chick on your leg.
I have tried to adopt a philosophy of “hey, if it ain’t hurting anyone and everyone is consenting, then it is all good,” but I find there is something in my nature in these circumstances where that view is challenged. Yes, I know it is there body and I should not give a crap and I can talk myself into that. But at the same time, there is that initial reaction I have of “damn, why would you do that?” I guess they might have the same reaction about running up and down a mountain in little shorts, a HR strap, compression socks.
AM – easy six. Feeling a bit tired.
You might enjoy these odd choices that definitely made me scratch my head. http://ugliesttattoos.failblog.org/ hehe
ReplyDeleteAnother sign you're getting old - the crabbiness at the world around you is beginning to set in. I might get ink of of a platypus on my chest if I think it'll get your dander up.
ReplyDeleteHoly crap some of those are hilarious Liz.
ReplyDeleteSean, yeah, I try to offset it with realizing how damn lucky I am.
Patrick - I am at a loss for words.
ReplyDelete