Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thursday 072111 no2

Thursday night - hit the mill in the hotel. Thought I could stand to stay on it for 10 miles, but there was - no exaggeration, a small puddle forming behind it from my sweat. My shoes were squishing. After 6 miles at 10 percent, where I alternated slow and slower half miles, I got out of there. Headed over to the stairwell and did that 4 times (15 stories) before bagging on that (the tight turns, and the smell in there were about to make me lose it. So I warmed down for a bit outside ... 10 miles on the day. Not bad I guess.

How to run the Incline (thanks JV).


Headed into Disneytown post run and found a place that served Stone IPA on tap. Nice recovery I guess. I was all sorts of turned around on the way back to the hotel, and looking up at the fireworks, I hit a lip with my front toe in the sidewalk and took a digger. No biggie. Landed on my hands, but was very aware that I looked like a dumb ass in front of a lot of people.

I wish I was making the next part up.

Embarrassed, I got up quickly, but sort of grinning at myself for my own klutziness. Someone asked if I was okay, and thanked them and said I was fine as I moved on. A guy tried to stop me and asked, "Are you sure? I mean, we can all say we were witnesses to that?"

Witnesses to what? My lack of coordination? I have to assume he was thinking he was helping me out by witnessing that because there was ridge in the sidewalk that I was ready to yell lawsuit. Good thing these guys don't regularly see the damage that I do to myself on Green Mtn. They'd have a field day with those guys who did the Silver Rush.

3 comments:

  1. Good thing you had witnesses!

    Nothing surprises me. I used to manage a fitness centre and one of the nicest members, fell while walking and reading a book on a treadmill. Yup, big lawsuit. Settled, out of court to a large sum. I was so pissed they settled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You tripped? Are you sure you are okay? Hard to imagine that, I'm not sure I believe it ;).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff - no kidding, eh? It has been a while and to be honest I think a certain runner, biker guy that used to be a tri guy we know deserves a bit more crap on the fall over disease as of late compared to me.

    Derrick - no kidding. Ridiculous. I got hit by a car while running last year ... I didn't exchange information because I honestly felt that it was much stupidity on my part that I LET MYSELF GET HIT BY A CAR as the guy who hit me. Racking him for some change would not made that right.

    ReplyDelete