AM – 6 easy easy miles under the moon.
Masters Club XC results (men). Springs resident Rebenciuc takes second.
Waiting to hear what happened in Jurek’s 24 hour WR attempt.
Karl weighs in on the inaugural and yet to occur Steamboat 100.
PM - Easy six at the office with SM and BD.
Does not seem like he finished
ReplyDeletehttp://ultrarunning.scu.edu.tw/scu-ultra/www/index.php
Does not seem like he finished
ReplyDeletehttp://ultrarunning.scu.edu.tw/scu-ultra/www/index.php
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOn twitter his crew said he was dying of boredom on that short loop. Then another runner bailed due to stomach issues, and shortly thereafter he abandoned too.
ReplyDeleteLooked up hash tag #siu24 for those details if you're so inclined.
Looks like he still got a hundred done.
ReplyDeleteYou can't DNF a 24 hour run!
ReplyDeleteBrownie, I thought the same thing!
ReplyDeleteWell anyway, not sure where to bury this post, GZ, but reading between the lines on your posts here and elsewhere, if you're at 80 mpw solid right now (I'm not. but need to be soon!), you're well on your way to being ready for the Steamboat race! It seems to have a lot going for it...What else are you going to do Mid-September???
ReplyDeletemmm ... Mike, a lot of bet hedging here if anything. An 80 mile week with some good quality is a middle ground that could set me up for a 5k, a mountain marathon, a 50 or a 100.
ReplyDeleteSo that is good.
The bad is that I realize that a middle ground could lead to middle results - right? In other words if I were truly 5k focused my mileage might be less but with more quality. Or if I were 100 focused, I might be doing 80 miles but with more than 25% of that on one day.
But that said, screwing around in December is okay.