Listened to this podcast from Jay Johnson while on the treadmill (4 miles, 3 at 6%) over at the rec center this AM. A bit dry, but interesting. For the running, I just parked it sub 150. Tough time getting going in the AM these days.
As I am a big wimp, I saw Nick post this about CC conditions: 'There's about a foot of snow on average covering the less-travelled trails. Some drifts of a couple feet and some wind-exposed places bare or close to bare. The good news is that for now it is a dry powder and not too bad too plow through. The high traffic trails (i.e. Horsetooth Rock) are already pretty well compacted. All of the courses for Saturday will at least get a little foot traffic before then. I "ran" most of the course within Horsetooth Park yesterday and will be covering the Lory trails later this week. I'm planning on the "Full Chubby" on Saturday starting at 7am. Pace will be slow. Waterproofing the feet highly recommended. Extra traction helpful but not necessary. Not very icy (at least for now).' Meh. JZ has a piano recital in the afternoon, so I’d have to bail early anyway … might be hitting it with Lucho early Saturday morning to get it done. But he might just be setting me up to be the slower object so he does not get caught.
Afternoon – ouch. Very easy seven miles. I am effectively trashed from yesterday’s work. I might have wrapped myself up on the mill a bit too much. The reality of it is, I can do more on a treadmill than I ought too. It is sort of like some sort of weird weight machine. If you asked me to pick up 500 pounds, I could not do it. But if you put me on a machine that had 500 pounds that suddenly loaded on me – well, that would hurt. A bit of an over-example but you get the picture. I am sore today, and so running at MAF, or zone 1 or just frakin easy was, well … easy. And about all I could do. Got outside though … The afternoon listening.
That's right! You stay home with your cozy treadmill!
ReplyDeleteNick was quoting me. Those conditions were from Sunday, but I'll be out course marking the next couple of days and will have an update. Have fun with Lucho, our trails will still be here for another day. Quad Rock 50 registration open today.
Can't have a basketball hoop out, that promotes kids being outside and exercising instead of being stuck in front of the TV playing video games??
ReplyDeleteThat's ridiculous. I'd keep fighting that forever.