Justin is looking for a 5k to step up and be the one to host the state championship.
Apparently old fogies take in oxygen just as well, but there are variety of other reasons why we get slower.
AM – up early and over to the rec center. Pretty good snow out there, so I hit the mill for some turnover work. Quarter on, quarter off. Did the quarters at goal 5k pace (5:21 for the first 5, then 5:18 for the next two, and then 5:15 for the last). I probably could go quicker, but I am trying to be a bit cautious on the mill – as I can tend to over do it there. 6 miles.
The big drop in the middle of the set is where the coffee caught up and I stepped of the mill (but kept the watch/HR going) for a required bio break. Apparently I hit 182 for a HR in this workout … which is a “new max” for me (while my max was 190 until a few years ago, I have not seen that in a long time, so I am reconsidering that number). The rec center is pretty darn warm so I was soaked at the end of this, with sweat flying off my hands, etc. Gets some looks as usual. Hit the weights afterwards, doing some bench, squats, leg presses, extension and some arm work. Enough to make me feel pretty gooey.
Most the morning was then spent shoveling the snow, and building this with JZ and some of his neighborhood buds.
Evening – very easy four miles in the cold and deep snow. Listened to this … am I the only one was wincing while listening?
Send some snow this way!
ReplyDeleteGreat pics of the dogs going crazy in the snow. I had some fun yesterday chasing my fattie Aussie in the white stuff.
ReplyDeleteThe dog hut is just too cute!
ReplyDeleteWhile the snow is certainly making it seem more Christmas-y, I'm already tired of it, bleh!