Well this is fun …
At the risk of appropriately getting called out, I may forego the Chubby Cheeks this weekend (various kiddoze activities) … and instead take Lucho up on an epre-dawn jaunt on Saturday. Getting it done and not disappearing for the day might be the right thing here.
PM – treadmill. Did 7 x 0.5 mile (or whatever) set, with quarter rest. Fair work as I got HR up to 179 on the last. Started at just under 6 minute pace (according to the lyin’, cheatin’, stinkin’ mill) and worked down to just under 5:30 pace. Felt like I could go faster, but I was a bit concerned that I could out-treadmill what I ought to do (and hurt myself, like I sort of have in the past). Finished up with a set (5) strides. 72 minutes. Was ready to do a bit more on the mill, but there were a few folks at the office pining to get on one.
Hammies were a bit sore from the squats yesterday but they were okay for running once I warmed up some.
With all the snow you won't need a headlamp and I need to be done by ~7:30 or so.
ReplyDeleteLame.
ReplyDeleteYeah, that video is lame Dylan. I agree. Particularly the part where Dakota gets dropped.
ReplyDeleteAre you hauling all the way from Aspen?
Invisibile running is good. You gotta pick the right battles.
ReplyDeletePlus, you might get some followup questions if you ask your wife "I'd like to go pound some chubby cheeks, is that okay?"
Brett - right ... I was thinking today I could be done early and be home in time for breakfast. This would get me more tasks ... like hanging Christmas lights. Awesome.
ReplyDeleteYes sir. I'll be making the trek. Can't wait. The crazy thing about the video is that you never see Adam Campbell or Timothy Olson. It seems like the only person in that massive pack that held on (besides Wolfe and Dakota) was Geoff. Carnage. Amazing racing all around though. Hope you change your mind on Saturday :).
ReplyDeleteI look at guys like Gates, Burrell, Wardian and where they ended up. These guys are not slouches. They are KICK ASS athletes. And they got spit out in that day. Amazing.
ReplyDeleteSaturday will be a game day call. Probably based on what I do Friday night.