Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sunday 012013

20 miles, went fairly well.  A bit tight to start, so I eased into this one.  Split about 39 for the first five, then 38 for the next (just ticking at a few clicks above 77, AHR 146).  Started to have to deal with some headwinds that were coming up as I headed back east but decided to see if I could make a negative split of it.  Nearly 36:30 exactly for each five coming back for  just under 2:30 on the 20 (HR climbing steadily throughout).  Took a gel at each hour.  Not quite ready for this sort of progression but getting there.

On a separate note, I was just notified by Strava that some course that I held the CR was broken.  First, it was not something I was trying to CR on but Strava decided that it was worth noting that as I had a bit of a climb to it.  Second, the guy who broke it apparently was running up hill at 45 miles an hour (no, seriously, he had a 1:34/mile pace going according to Strava).

More “ho hum” from Tony.  Keiners in the winter.  Jeez.  Then I see Joe dragged a sled for four hours.  Very much got the "holy crap I ain’t do shit” again feeling after feeling good about the run today for a few minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I'd do more hard-core winter stuff but I have enough trouble staying warm near my house with a hot shower and food two miles away.

    The photo of Broadway ledge is freaky.

    ReplyDelete