Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Tuesday 011512

AM – pretty much didn’t sleep at all on the plane (and watched some horrible movies).   We got here shortly after dawn.  I took advantage of the time we had free before needing to meet up this afternoon and slipped out for a jog.  I was pretty punchy with the lack of sleep.  Multipliers to my stupor were ice, mud, and some cooler temps.  Oh yeah, I also I forgot to pack some running tights.  That must have been the outcome of packing quickly coming off the Scout weekend.   So, it was a mess of a run, but it was good to get out.

The mud was pretty epic in some place – almost like running in a frozen bog.  Nonetheless, despite being in London, I actually found some trail and open space park in pretty short order.  10 and change.
IMG_0372 IMG_0373 IMG_0374

Most of this area is what I thought London to be really like.  Tight.  Messy.  Small homes on top of each other.  Streets that go in crazy directions.  Gray.  It is going to be tough to get longer sessions in over the next couple of days with the schedule, but with the butt feeling a bit better, I might try to test out some turn over.

A bit of a mess now … I got about a 90 minute nap this afternoon, but I don’t dare much more than that.  Pretty foggy in the head so I am going to try to stay up now through the evening so that I can function tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment