Sunday, June 23, 2019

Most of the week - 18JUN-22JUN2019

Busy week.  I was off to DC on Tuesday and then missed a couple of days of running because of the travel, work, the meetings, and the meetings after the meetings.

I did get a good run in on Friday AM.  Again, I hit the National Mall - it just has not gotten old for me yet.
Image may contain: 1 person, standing
Image may contain: cloud, sky, tree, outdoor and nature
Image may contain: cloud, sky and outdoor
Image may contain: sky and outdoor
Image may contain: sky, cloud, tree, plant and outdoor

It certainly was not a great week of training while in DC.  I was short on good sleep, it was hot and muggy when I was out, and the work days were long.  It was good/great on other fronts ... just not running.

Later on Friday afternoon I started the trek to Shannon, Ireland.  I arrived Saturday AM.
Image may contain: cloud, sky, outdoor and nature
It is a actually not that long of a flight (less than 6 hours) from Newark to Shannon.  I thought I'd catch up on some sleep but I couldn't get that right, so I arrived to Ireland pretty beat.

I have not been to Ireland since 2015.  I came here regularly when working in the corporate world, but have only had one international travel event (Singapore in December) since striking out on my own (or with 2HC and my three partners).  It was not lost on me that getting back here was some sort of "yeah, I getting there" sort of moment.

I was pretty trashed, and thought about sleeping the moment I hit the hotel but decided to get the run in.  I figured it force me up a bit and into the time change some.  Within the first mile of my run, I came across these guys.

Image may contain: cloud, sky, grass, tree, horse, outdoor and nature

They weren't too interested in hanging out so I pretty much left them alone.  I got in a good run around Limerick (up the road from Shannon and where I am staying).

Image may contain: plant, tree, sky, outdoor and nature
Image may contain: sky, cloud and outdoor
Image may contain: sky, cloud and outdoor
Image may contain: bridge, sky, outdoor, water and nature

Here in Ireland for the week.  I am hoping to get in a better week, and maybe a bit of quality too once I get my legs back under me.

1 comment: