Eh. That was not so good. I thought I’d get after it a bit this morning, but I was mentally cooked, and tighter than a drum (probably from the flight home). Earlier in the week it was my left calf and today it was my right glute.
2 miles over to the track, completely unsure what I would do all the way there. Opened with a couple of 200s to dial in pace and then did a with an 800 (2:52), hoping things would loosen up a bit. 200 recovery, then 2:49. ‘Nother 200 recovery and 2:48 but with the wind picking up and things not loosening up I was ready to bag it. Talked myself into 2 more 600s – which probably was not the best idea (2:05s) thinking then I’d do some 400s after that, but I was done. 8 miles. Bummed that it was not a good workout but I am not going to tag them all.
Post script – several hours later (as in after dinner), my right glute was still feeling like it had taken a good kick. So I might have jacked something
Most complete article I have seen on the Bill Lee situation thus far (and he recenthly got two of his reindeer back).
Pikes got declared as the USATF Trail Marathon Championship Event. Ought to be loaded given that and the Skyrunner status. No excuses as far as depth of competition.
Thanks for linking the Bill Lee article. Back in 2011, he had a few plots of land for sale up there. Still think about looking into that. Look forward to having some land like him someday and having a burro or two on the ranch.
ReplyDeleteJustin - similar plan but probably more up into the So Park area. Need some land for sure to keep the noise from the neighbors. Up for a burro run next weekend? Maybe Sunday?
ReplyDeleteSure, I'm game.
ReplyDeleteI hope you didn't tweak anything too badly out there.
ReplyDeleteOh, it is jacked all right. It might work out in a few days.
ReplyDeleteOr six weeks. Oh well, better in December than June I guess. Definitely a bit of imbalance from the lawn mower thingie.
:/
DeleteTrue- better now than later. I hope it heals quickly.