Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Tuesday 121112

Them:  “Okay, that gives us an hour for lunch.”

Me:  “Is this a working lunch?”

Them:  “No, let’s be back here by 1:15 though so we are ready to go for the next session.”

Me:  “Okay.”

Me:  quickly disappear to locker room, change into winter clothes for running from corporate weenie outfit in something less than 10 minutes.  Hit the door, turn on the GPS, start running before it is synched.  Bang out five at just over 7 minute pace, hit the locker room for a quick shower and change back to acting outfit. 

Walk back into conference room at 1:13.

I might be able to get this drill to six miles.  I need to work the transitions though.

9 comments:

  1. It's a bird! It's a plane! It's SuperAss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah dude... work on those transitions. if you need any tips I know somebody...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandon - I was still recovering from last night's corporate eat out of Indian.

    Brownie - that is Mr. World Champion SuperAss to you.

    J-dub, yeah, I was thinking maybe even 7 or more, but one of the rules is I can't come back to the office world sweating. That makes it a bit tougher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will never forget the post of someone reporting you to HR because they saw you take your hat off while running on the treadmill, blow your nose into your hat, then put your hat back on and keep running like nothing ever happened. If you dug that up and reposted or linked to it so I could read it again that would be the best Christmas Present ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If this had been your Facebook entry, I would "like" it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brett ... yeah, that was a good one.

    http://georgezack.blogspot.com/2010/01/snot-rocket-problem.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. The work run transition this time of year sucks with all the added clothing on top of the usual, gps sync, calf compression sleeves, hrm strap, podcast sync, shart, etc.... I time myself and have gotten the whole process down to sub 5 minutes on either end. By far the crux of these runs.

    As an aside, for any sort of flat urban type of run, I look at this process as a great chore and can sometimes be enough to deter me from getting out for a run (even though I always enjoy it after about a mile and am glad I did it). Conversely though, suiting up for a run on Green always bring great enjoyment and does not seem like a task whatsoever, almost more like an enjoyable ritual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But yes - the victory in getting it done is worth it. I think I am going to be more likely to do it if I turn it more into a contest.

      In other words ... can I go from corporate weenie meeting, be out the door in five, bang out 7 miles under 50, and be back in the office and showered and NOT sweating like a pig in another five.

      Delete