“It took me 17 minutes to complete my one mile running loop. 4 months ago I ran a one mile race in 4 minutes and 37 seconds.” I think I would be hard pressed to find anyone that I know more positive than Aaron.
Decalibron in the winter via Sage. Brrr. Still pretty amazing as to how little of the white stuff there is up there.
On the topic of that distance, rumor is that NMP bet someone (can’t disclose who) that he’d either run 130 miles in his 24 hour attempt next week or he’d have a Facebook page that he’d actually friend people with.
Got to agree with GT that the turning off of electronic devices at take off and landing is craptastic.
How does marijuana effect MAF if ingested?
Brett put up this video in the comments yesterday. Yeah, consider that “nutty” training another type of event I would never do.
More seriously, Lucho has a good question, back and forth on altitude acclimatization.
10 miles. Meh. I thought that maybe I felt good enough to do a workout today, but as I ran I felt like a slug today. No benefit to the run today except sort of slogging through miles to think about training, what I ought to be doing, race schedule. Did some jump rope (including single leg) post and was fairly beat.
Re: Aaron's post - And here I am bitching about being out of shape, slow because I eat to many burgers. That blog post just make me get my big boy pants out of the closet.
ReplyDelete:) Time to suck it up isn't it Rob?
ReplyDeleteThanks for kind words GZ. All positivity was put to the major test recently...and I definitely had my negative moments.
Yeah, that is the bet. I am pretty confident that I can hit 130 especially with the incentive now. Someone wanted it to be 140 but I wasn't going to make a bet I didn't think I would win .
ReplyDelete130 is a long ass way, many things can happen. For the good of all humanity and keeping 1 extra person off Facebook, here's to 130.00000000000+ miles.
ReplyDelete130 is certainly a ways but it should be pretty manageable. The way I figure it is that I run 16-16:30 for the 100 and then have 7+ hours to do 30 miles. As long as I keep moving that should be easy...this will just give me plenty of reason not to sit around for 6 hours like I did last year!
ReplyDeleteThis is all interesting but what happens if you get 130 miles? What is the Brownie downside of the bet?
ReplyDeleteQuote of the day: "It just isn't possible that I won't run at least 130 miles. There is no way." I'm sure that quote won't come back to bite NMP in the ass.
ReplyDeleteThe bet is actually with Slow Aaron, but Nick said he would finally accept my FB friend request.
Sounds like brownie wants to make sure the bet isn't with him - guess he knows he would not win...
ReplyDeleteSo if Nick produces ... what does Slow Aaron have to ante up?
ReplyDeleteNothing. It is a bet with only one possible loser.
ReplyDelete