Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Tuesday 122512

Mid afternoon, got out with KZ for a few miles.   Joyous to share miles with my daughter.

IMG_2964

KZ cracked me up in today’s run.  Hitting untracked snow, she would bound and leap, and the spin around.  Pure play.

Sandrock is too kind to me.  I probably get a bit more kudos from him than I deserve as I worked with him at the DC for just over a year about a dozen years ago.  “Rock” has forgotten more about running than most will ever learn.  The guy has run with the greatest, documented their careers and was a pretty damn good runner himself (30 flat 10k, 2:20 marathoner).  He introduced me to a workout that Deek used to do … a long uphill (just shy of 1.5 miles up the Enchanted Mesa), and the several (we did 8) hard repeats of about 45-60 seconds in length (around the Bluebell shelter).  It was never easy, even when I tried to run it as such.

Chilly in the evening  … a few more miles.  Crossed over 3300 for the year out there tonight.

image

IMG_2966 IMG_2972

Benita says the benefits of altitude are typically more about the get away than the actual elevation.

3 comments:

  1. Nothing better than running with your kid. Jack and I ran the Turkey Day 5K in Stewartville again on Thanksgiving. I loved every minute of it, but he did give me a pretty good scare. He started out fast...way fast. I couldn't keep up, then my left ankle was saying slow down, but for no real reason, as I have never had pain there before. It took me a kile to catch up to Jack...the whole time thinking "CRAP! This can't be the day he beats me for the first time!" Luckily, he slowed due to his impatience at the start and let me teach him another lesson about pacing.

    Who brought up the idea of going for a run together today? You or your daughter? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little of both as to who's idea it was Jim. She is looking to get out regularly over break in possible prep for if she ends up doing track this spring

      Delete
  2. Very cool! Always neat to see a kid take the initiative and ask their parent to join in the fun! I am always cautious with my kids, as I want to share my love for running with them, but don't want to overdo it. Because of this, their training ends up on the light side.

    ReplyDelete