Yesterday’s dozen let me know I was still dealing with something in my glute or piriformis or something. It seemed to have subsided with the prior two days off but there are still some issues there. I sort of don’t care. This feels like an injury that I could run through and it will eventually subside. I guess that is what some would call an ache or a pain versus a full blown injury. Would I advise anyone else to do that? Nope. Do I know cases where this has worked for me and other people? Yup.
But bigger than just the butt thing, I have suddenly hit a lull. I am a little tired, sleeping long and hard. And for the first time in a long time I have a slight wane in motivation. After a full day with family stuff, I have not had the typical desire to lace them up and head out into the darkness and cold. Having the issue with my rear does not help.
Watched on and off through the day the nuttiness down on the track in AZ. Sub 12:30 for a 100? Whoa.
Evening – 10 miles. Easy and checking out Christmas lights.
Don't sweat the lull. This is a great time of year to just run when and where you feel like it. Worry about training next year.
ReplyDeleteAt least someone found that entertaining. I am pretty sure that may have been single worst day of running I have ever had...nothing like a massive head cold to add to the 'enjoyment' of running around the the pouring rain. Once I started hacking up all sort of nasty crap I decided to call it a day rather than spend the next week stuck in bed.
ReplyDeleteAnd yeah, Jon's run was very impressive. He was running a bit faster than the rest of us ;-) Kind of sucks he missed the record by under 2 minutes though.
Ditto on the lull big time. This is a good time of year to let some things reset and give the mental side a good rest. The 15 degrees, don't feel like running, but force it anyway scenario jacks with you after a bit.
ReplyDeleteLooks like some Griswold's in the neighborhood ;-)
HappyTrail - definitely a few Griswolds in the hood here in Broomstock.
ReplyDeleteRe: the lull. Not worried about it. Interesting to see it though as they don't seem to happen to me that often.
Nick - sorry to hear you had a bad day. Kept hoping to see those totals increase for you but it was pretty clear around 8PM that you were done.
... but the upside is that now we can be Facebook friends.
NMP has yet to accept my FB friend request.
ReplyDeleteI spent 11 hrs in bed Fri night and still woke up feeling like crap. I pretty much knew from Saturday morning that anything good wasn't going to be happening. Bit of a bummer since my legs actually felt good and pretty much feel fine today. I think this is it for me and circle races.
ReplyDeleteGuess I will have to figure out how this facebook thing works...
Nick - bummer to hear that you had a bad day. It is the exact stuff that drives me crazy about the bigger events. If you are having an off day in a 5k, no biggie ...15 seconds off and you can race next week. Off in an ultra, you are cooked by hours or a DNF and are screwed for a month or more.
ReplyDelete