12.3 miles in the late afternoon with tempo for 25 minutes on Carolyn Holmberg and then some fartlek type stuff on the return back on the Rock Creek Trail behind the hospital. I didn’t feel great but I got some effort in.
71.2 miles on the week (560 minutes, 2020 feet). 884.7 miles on the year (121.3 hours, 43,605 feet). 2 run days off and 8 travel days.
Mon – easy
Tue – easy and then 10 x 100 cutting down over the set to 16.5
Wed – 6 x quarters from 78 down to 71 on roads (full rest)
Thur – easy easy
Fri – easy but up pace
Sat – easy
Sun – tempo and fartlek on local trails
A basic week: miles, a tempo run, some turn over and some quarters. I need to just keep at this but up the ante in terms of pace in the quarters (or reduce the rest) and the quantity of those, and the pace in the tempo run. Not a bad week in that I met the basic expectations but I do see the need to turn the dials up on those harder efforts. I find that this is as much a mental problem for me as it is a physical one. Maybe even more mental. I head into the quarters with the expectation I will do ten but for the last two weeks have called it at six. So, work to be done.
No comments:
Post a Comment