Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Wednesday 22MAR2017

JT found this article about a 35 year old non runner type breaking five.  That guy is a dozen years younger, and I think the last dozen years have been harsher in the age department than the dozen before that.  Also, he went out in 67.  That would pretty much nuke me as I think that is about near my top end.

I have a tough time thinking a shoe can give you a 4% bump in advantage but I guess a curved carbon fiber plate could help. 

Wrapped up the day a short bit before practice and got in 5.5 with 6 road quarters in there (which are the tiniest amount bigger than a 400 if you believe the GPS can measure that) – 77, 75, 75, 73, 73, 71.  I took a fuller rest than last week with the hope of getting a bit more on the rep.  Again I need to work this up to ten but in addition to being physically soft, I am mentally a marshmallow on this things.  But the fact that I was able to manage a slightly faster pace this week … I chock that up to some improvement.  Afterwards I headed over to practice and got in another easy five with Dan.

No comments:

Post a Comment