AM – mill, 3 miles, very easy. AHR = 138.
0900 At the airport now, just saw Lisa Goldsmith – also heading to the race (via a different route). For the moment, all roads lead to Lexington.
1435 – in Chicago. Flight delayed because the plane (I am not making this up) “needed a new computer.” I guess if we take off there is a chance this could be the last post ever … ;). Not digging sucking up all these jet fuel fumes.
Some write up preview on tomorrow’s action.
My race plan is pretty simple – be conservative at the front and roll up throughout the race. A bunch of years ago, I ran a 5 mile PR (27:00 at altitude). Of course, I did not think it would be my PR here all these years later – but that is not the point. The point is this: in that race, I started very easy: I paced a friend to an 11 minute 2 mile (he wanted 10:40, but was not ready for it that day). Given I was in probably near 10 flat shape at the time, this felt very very relaxed (esp. since the second mile was slightly downhill). I then continued on in the race for the next three – with those at 5:20 pace (including some uphill at that pace). This represents what I want to do tomorrow: start relaxed for the first 40 percent, then roll up in the next 40 percent and then make my teeth sweat the last 2k.
2000 – in Lexington KY and the team is all here. Rooming with defending champ Simon G.
Run hard this weekend!
ReplyDeleteGood Luck!!!
ReplyDeleteGOOD LUCK GZ!!
ReplyDeleteGet it, GZ!
ReplyDeletethanks all!
ReplyDelete