Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wednesday 120909

9.5 hours of meetings today at work.  It hurt after a bit.  Well, beats the alternatives of digging ditches or unemployment.  Very easy five miles on the mill in the evening.  Started at 9PM. 

Good conversation in the comments here about the FF – open racing team … although it stings a bit.  I am stoked to be part of the masters team we are sending to Club Nats.  At the same time, I recognize that I never did much to contribute to pushing a regular team presence in open competition with our FF squad.  I can come up with excuses (wasn’t interested, wasn’t fast enough, too expensive to travel, the FF team was not that interested in creating a competitive team, I had other priorities) but I took a shot (in jest) at Justin that stings us all a bit (I think).   I loosely called on him to push the open team, but that is not really fair as I never really did it either.

Colder Boulder results are up.

Fitzgerald write up on “over training” (although it is really more about over doing it).  But, it and this - good read on the repeatability of training (via mzungo) endorse more easy miles, more base building, more …



Got this cool video from NF50 from Derrick S.  So if you can run like that for 50 miles … you get 10000 bones.  ;)



Mount Evans Ascent, the same day as Mount Washington (in case you don’t make that lottery) will have course record prize money.  Could mean a 650 pay day this year to a course record masters winner : 

PRIZE $$$: The top male and female runners will take home $300 each, and the top masters runners (age 40+) will take home $100. The Boulder Fleet Feet running store has also kicked in $100 bonuses to the top male and female finishers age 50 and over.  NEW THIS YEAR - WE WILL BE OFFERING A $250 COURSE RECORD BONUS FOR THE FIRST PLACE MALE AND FEMALE RUNNERS. IF THE PRIZE GOES UNCLAIMED, THEN WE WILL ADD $100 TO THE INCENTIVE IN EACH SUBSEQUENT YEAR!

10 comments:

  1. Do you have your banjo and moonshine packed for 'Tucky yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here's Uli's race report...
    ulisteidl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim - 3:54 AM? WTF?! Oh yeah, really young kids. I remember now.

    Brett - yeah, I was impressed actually how steady the guy held the camera.

    Tim - good find on that blog. Quite the header pic he has.

    Brandon - it will be a good fight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya... but not because of the boys. I can't shut my brain off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Evans same day as Lake City too. I'd like to run all three races. Decisions, decisions.

    Let's see, 650 bones to a masters winner breaking the course record: you gonna give it a shot? Once you do that, I want you on Pikes in August running sub-3:30.

    Dude who shot that NF50 video must have had some kind of stabilization technology - cant believe how smooth that footage is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nick -- I think I saw Uli comment on his blog that he saw the guy behind him and he couldn't believe he was keeping up with all that video equipment. So it is pretty clear this was not your typical hand held device.

    Tim ... yes, I have had that problem. I have quieted it in the past with tequila but that is not a good path over time.

    Nick - yeah, three good races. And yeah, if I run sub 97 minutes at Evans (I barely broke 2 hours), then I better bring a sub 3:30 to Pikes. Fair enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Winning time at Evans last year was pretty mediocre, so if a similar field assembles you've got to think the $300 is up for grabs. Wonder if Justin will list it on his weekend preview when the time comes ;-}.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Well, beats the alternatives of digging ditches or unemployment."

    agreed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool video! Thanks for posting it. I want to run this one someday. Thought about doing it this year but my friend decided not to do it and I didn't want to go out there by myself.

    ReplyDelete