Monday, December 7, 2009

Monday 120709

AM – It was four degrees out, so I opted for the mill and some sports radio listening.  It was actually a bit cold in the garage – so I wore gloves to start.   Started early, and so my legs were still “sleepy.”  Opened really easy and slow (6.1) but decided to term this the “cup of coffee” run by upping the pace on the minute by a tenth of an mph.  Did this through three miles and then backed it off (so it upped to 8.2 before backing down).  Woke up my legs nicely and this felt good.  I have been avoiding the morning run to get some more sleep, but I might need to get back after it.  And I stunk up the garage really well.   9:18, 8:08, 7:27; 7:29

I am avoiding the outdoors a bit – not so much because of the cold (because you can just layer up for that) but because the footing is pretty poor.  I did a mile outside yesterday.  About half of the walks are not shoveled or are icy.  The roads are plowed but still with some snow-ice.  Yeah – pretty conservative on my part, but I rather not get some stupid injury right now.  A few years ago, I ran in the snow on the walks and turned my left ankle off the sidewalk edge – and it knocked me out of running for a couple of weeks.

NF50 reports from the competitors, Caitlin and Geoff

FF team mate Andy Ames gets an age group win at Xterra Trail race in Hawaii.   More on that race.

PM – more mill.  7 miles.  8:39, 7:41, 6:38, 6:32, 6:29, 6:34, 6:21

6 comments:

  1. Late weekend results, Xterra world champs - http://www.xterraplanet.com/news/dsp_content.cfm?id=2590

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I just looked through the results - Andy! Just jetting off to Hawaii for a weekend race.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw my treadmill in the basement this morning. She winked at me. I told her I can't do her yet. I am not that desperate. She wants me to get on her but I just can't. It feels so cheap and wrong. She is so artificial. But she does have lots of shiny buttons and lights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andy gets to HA every year I think.

    Brandon, I don't want you to do your treadmill either.

    ReplyDelete