Friday, June 11, 2010

Friday 061110

MK (prior multiple time 2:20:xx marathoner, now a 50yo who runs for fun, and just to see where he was at did a 2:18 altitude 800 meter run recently) dropped me a note last night that he was interested in doing Green.  He had never been up it, so I was glad to join him for his initial ascent.

I snuck in a round up Flagstaff (five miles, 1200+ vertical) before meeting MK, Brett and Clarence at the Library.  Rock was also supposed to be in the mix but he was a no show.  I felt sluggish going up Flag.  The legs were a bit tired from the last two days, and I ended up going a bit harder than I wanted in the second run last night (to get away from electricity flying out of the sky)

We took it expectedly easy, and stopped to explain the various views, turnoffs, etc.  The guys were stoked (probably very different than my first run up Green).  Took them up the Gregory Ranger route and down the Greenman-Saddle-Amphitheater route.  It is incredibly lush up there now.  Green meadows, rich trees and TONS of flowers. 

On the way down we ran into Tony and JV.  So, there were two guys who have probably collectively done Green over five hundred times next two guys who just lost their virginity.  After leaving Tony and JV, I did some explanation to MK as to who these two icons of the mountain were.

7 miles (2700 vertical +).  12 on the day, nearly 4000 feet gain.   Was getting hungry towards the end as I did not bring any food.

Green’s profile (starting from the Library).

image
image

Calories … according to Matt F, 1 in 5 come from beverages.

A Skyline traverse with no pants at night coming up.

Played around with the music playlist, adding some of KZ’s favorites from the Wicked soundtrack that I have heard only 359 times in the last week.

3 comments:

  1. Nice! Ran last night from the house up Bear Canyon then Greenman to the top. Great view watching the storm over Boulder. I must have missed you by only a few mins. I was on top around 6-6:15ish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have been more comfortable running in the trees of Green than the open field of Lac Amora!

    Which way did you go down this AM?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mis-read your post, I thought you were up there last night, I did not realize you meant this morning. I ran to out to work in Louisville this morning and will be running home here in about 30 mins.

    I felt safe up there last night in the trees. It was not to bad but great views both to the east and west so well worth it.

    ReplyDelete