Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tuesday 062210

AM – little stiffness from yesterdays harder efforts (good!).  7 miles, easy.  AHR = 139, max = 148, pace averaged just under 8s.

Coworker who chases storms rhino-lined his vehicle and set it up with bullet proof glass.  You can see why.

More Mount Washington reports:  Jim Johnson (There is probably no other time that going out conservatively will benefit you more, than at Mount Washington), Scott Mason, Jim P.  … Photos by Kristen W and Photos by Scott Mason

More Mount Evans – Jim Mallory.

Bucks on the line for records at WS.  Funny thing is when I look at Meltzer’s odds there is a theme to be successful:  run your own run, and guys slugging it out with each other or the watch are almost prescribed to fail.

PM – easy 8 miles.  Warm.

image

Archiving this poll … Gates, Blake, Gray make the team.  I did not even have Siemers on the list.  Few folks picked Manning (I did …).

image

Evening walk with KZ

P6220106 P6220107 P6220108 P6220109 P6220110

4 comments:

  1. Time for a new poll! WS100 polls have been done. How about a poll for that big 29 miler in late July?!? Based on his willingness to dirty his legs, I think Brandon would be the favorite in that kind of race.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to call Mr. Lee, but I also know some locals in Fairplay that I need to call.

    I was thinking of a WS poll, but it is evil ... who is most likely to take it out hard and then DNF? Bad karma for me even to think of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tommy Manning ran his arse off on a tough day....he's a good guy...I'm glad he made it... GZ, make sure you throw your hat into this again sometime soon...you missed a good one this time around...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love to be there next year, unless I am doing SJS.

    ReplyDelete