AM – tired this morning and I probably should have slept in, but I am looking to bury myself a little here right now. 8 miles easy. The AM listening … AHR = 138, max =150.
WS chatter is certainly flying now. I like Matt’s write up. Predictions based on group voting.
I am not a big tennis fan, but this endurance event is crazy.
I find cutting the lawn to be meditative. And it is a reel mower.
I am getting a nudge to consider the burro race thing at the end of July. If I can secure an ass, I think I will do it. In an effort to encourage more participation in the historic Fairplay Long Course, Dale and Kathy Fitting (owners of the historic Hand Hotel) have decided to sponsor some very cool prizes for the Fairplay race. These are in addition to the prizes offered by the Burro Days Committee. The Hand Hotel Purse will consist of (3)$500 prizes awarded randomly to those teams finishing the Long Course of the Fairplay race. Every team finishing the long course has a shot at claiming one of these prizes, so start training! In addition, they will also institute the "Champion's Challenge" which will be an additional $500 prize if the Long Course winner breaks the all-time record for the current Mosquito Pass out and back course. The record time of 3:44:18 is currently held by Tom Sobal and Maynard and was set in 1989. $500 will be added yearly until the all-time record is broken. $500 will be awarded if the Long Course winner beats the winning time from the previous year (but not the all-time record). This prize will also accumulate from year to year until the prize is won. Think of it as the burro racing powerball!
Yet another article on how Solinsky really is not fat. Training partners like Tegenkamp and Bairu will purposely avoid Solinsky on these easy days because Solinsky inevitably turns the runs into death matches. "I'll be sitting around the house thinking everybody is running alone,'' says Solinsky. "Then I'll find out they all ran together, but just didn't call me.''
PM – south Boulder Peak, 7 miles easy. It was hot.
2800 feet vertical. Even though I was casual, I was faster than last week where I felt pretty worked (but not by much).
Ran into this bad boy just above the Mesa cutoff.
Other shots
The scramble to the top of SoBo.
This guy had a tough day.
I would appreciate it if you could go REALLY big on Friday. I'm thinkin' 25 or so miles + squats and maybe an hour of plyometrics, to slow your ass down on Saturday night!
ReplyDeleteDamn... and I thought it was hot here. Do I see a rattle on the tail of that nasty thing?
ReplyDeleteYou know... if you had a blood alcohol of .1 there is a 40% chance you would have gotten bit by that rattler. True!
ReplyDeleteYes, hot but ... it is a dry heat. I will take 95 here over 75 in KS in the summer.
ReplyDeleteAnd I am thinking it was a rattler. Did not rattle it, but it looked like it to me.
If my BAC was .1, I'd never would have made it that far up the trail.