15 minute interview with Martin Fagan, an Irishman who is looking to come back after a doping ban. Ugh. Sounds like many contrite interviews that occur in endurance sports post a PED event – simply sad. In some regards, I am reminded there are benefits of never being that good – good enough to run sub 61 in the half which is very damn good … but realizing that ain’t good enough.
Failed to mention that as I was finishing up my run yesterday, the 1972 10000 meter NCAA champion was out walking his dog. Any guesses without googling it as to who this sub 4 minute miler and 2:11 marathoner is? Another hint, he won Comrades in 81 in 5:46. Now – that is some range.
Called and ordered a new ANT stick. Free actually. I told them I had tried all the USB ports, deinstalled and reinstalled the USB drivers, the device out of Windows device manager, the ANT agent software, blah, blah, blah and the stick still didn’t work. The guy didn’t even put up a fight: “yeah, let’s ship you a new one.”
FWIW, I tried to submit that request, ticket on their website via the “email support” forum but each time I did it, I’d crash their web server jboss instance. Actually first I would attempt to log in and it would tell me that I was logged in. As Bob Kupernick or Sue Wright or whoever … and it would actually show me the devices that person had registered with Garmin. Then I would try to submit a ticket and the whole thing would barf.
Afternoon – Steve M and Dave B at work connected up with me for the lake loop. I then tacked on a half dozen 30 second strides. 9.2 miles. My right arse cheek is clearly an issue right now. I can almost see how that right leg is striding a bit less than the left. That is odd because I think I can see the left quad looking significantly weaker. Imbalances abound.
No comments:
Post a Comment