Thursday, May 29, 2014

Thursday 052914

I have warned my wife.  If I am ever in England when this race happens … sorry, it never gets old.

Article on the beer mile (also with a 8 minute audio segment) … interesting note that the Ben & Jerry’s 4 x 4 is referenced.  4 pints, 4 miles and the record is 66:55.

Drone flyover of the Incline, scheduled to close later this summer for repairs.  You get the idea after about 2 minutes or so.  Wonder if they could do the whole Barr.

Preview of Mount Washington …

Got together with Steve M at work for a workout that included some faster stuff, on his plan.  His rests are always pretty long, but I go with it to do the work with him.  Warmed up, did 4 x a quarter (70, 70, 69, 69) and then did a warm down with him.  I decided to get back after it to get a bit more work in and did 4 more on shorter (but I’d say still full) rest in 75, 76, 74, 73.  10 miles on the day, and while I could feel the arse cheek a bit these were not overly straining and it was actually okay.  Nuthin’ stellar here but hitting 70 a month ago would have been too much to handle, so handling it today will be considered some sort of progress.

In the evening … having fun making noise.

IMG_5683

4 comments:

  1. Yup, chasing the cheese is like those ass jokes - it will never get old. The one hurt dude (~1:20) had a cloth tied into his mouth he was gritting into - I wonder if he had a compound fracture in his leg and he was trying to just not scream bloody murder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! I was cracking up at the splint being made from some stick when the medics were there at the bottom with their ambulances.

      Delete
  2. Ben and jerrys mile sounds hardcore.

    ReplyDelete